Instant Valuation Instant Valuation

Who do I contact if I have a problem with my tenancy?

Contact Huddersfield Sales + Lettings if you have any issues with your tenancy agreement, by phone or email- Our office will be in contact with you shortly once we receive an email.

What references will I need?

For a long tenancy you will be asked for a previous landlord, bank, employee and/or character references to demonstrate proof of income and suitability. You will need to provide proof of Identification e.g. Driving license or passport or Visa to prove ‘Right toRent’ in the UK.

For a short tenancy you will be asked to provide proof of address, your passport, driving license and an employment or character reference explaining why a short let is required.

For a short tenancy where a company is the tenant you will be asked to produce proof of ID for those occupying the property and full names of all occupants.

Who’s responsibility is it to contact utility companies after I move in?

The tenant is responsible for contacting the utility companies and setting up accounts after moving into the property. You will need to provide meter readings at the start and end of your tenancy agreement.

How do I work out monthly rental payments?

Weekly rent X 52 divided by 12.

How will I pay my rent?

For long tenancy you will need to set up a standing order with your bank, where the payment can be taken automatically every month.

For short lets, you will be required to pay the rent in full prior to the commerce of your tenancy. Acceptable payment methods include: bank transfers or cash.

What happens if my rent is paid late?

If you feel you may have problems with your rental payments, which may result in late repayments, contact Huddersfield sales + Lettings immediately to avoid this showing on your credit file. Late payments will result in a £30 late payment fee each time the payment has been missed and interest will be charged on the account until the payment is made.

How do I serve notice to vacate my property?

Notice will need to be served in accordance with your tenancy agreement. You can send your notice to us by either:

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Or post: Huddersfield Sales + Lettings, 185 Church Street, Huddersfield, HD1 4UL
Or you could simply pop into our office and speak to our friendly staff.

How will my payments cease at the end of my tenancy?

You will need to contact your bank and cancel the standing order or direct debit.

What should I do with my keys at the end of my tenancy agreement?

Unless specific instructions are given by your landlord, keys should be returned to our local office. Please ensure all sets are returned, a receipt is obtained and that this happens on or before the last day of your tenancy.

Please note that you will be liable for rent on a daily basis until the keys are returned.

What costs should I expect at the end of my tenancy?

As an outgoing tenant typically your costs will be associated with professional cleaning and the inventory check out. Any discrepancies between the check in and check out may result in deductions from your deposit.

How do I renew my tenancy agreement?

You should inform us two months prior to the end of your tenancy agreement to allow enough time to arrange all the relevant administration. Contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Relax. You're well protected.

Huddersfield Sales & Lettings are committed to higher professional services.

We are voluntary members of all the essential governing bodies, and we operate to the strictest codes of conduct.